Click on the Order Form button to make a purchase.
1) A PSYCHOSYNTHESIS 12-STEP PROGRAM FOR TRANSFORMING CONSCIOUSNESS: CREATIVE EXPLORATIONS OF INNER SPACE.
Discusses the dynamics of transformation, introduces the field of Transpersonal Psychology, presents the discipline of Psychosynthesis, and outlines the 12 step, award-winning CEIS Process in great detail. 18 pages, $2.50. (Journal of Counseling and Values, Vol. 45 (2), January, 2001.)
2) SUBPERSONALITIES AND PSYCHOSYNTHESIS: CONTINUING THE HEALINGFROM CHILDHOOD SEXUAL ABUSE WITH TECHNIQUES OF MENTAL IMAGERY.
A description of the process of identifying subpersonalities and a verbatim transcript of an hour-long counseling session using mental imagery to help an adult survivor of childhood sexual abuse come to terms with post traumatic stress symptoms associated with her abuse. 9 pages, $1.50. (The Virginia Counselors Journal, Volume 26, June, 2000.)
3) YESNESS PARK, CASPER, WYOMING: REFLECTIONS FROM A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR.
A deep reflection on the difficulties and joys of working with individuals in trauma. 3 pages, $0.50. (The Virginia Counselors Journal, Volume 26, June, 2000.)
4) A PSYCHOSYNTHESIS APPROACH TO THE USE OF MENTAL IMAGERY WITH ADULT SURVIVORS OF CHILDHOOD SEXUAL ABUSE.
Discusses the need for sex abuse survivors to connect, through imagery, to the source of their own guidance and inner wisdom. Reviews current literature about how mental imagery is being used in the healing and treatment of abuse survivors. 12 pages, $1.50. (Journal of Humanistic Education and Development, 36 (1), September, 1997).
5) PSYCHOSYNTHESIS: FACILITATING HOPE AND TRANSFORMATION IN COUNSELING.
A description of the model of Psychosynthesis, discusses the four levels of consciousness it describes, presents a case study of the use of this model in the treatment of depression, and outlines the CEIS Process. 16 pages. $2.00. (The Virginia Counselor, 32 (2), January, 1992).
6) THE INNOVATIVE TREATMENT OF BULIMIA: TRANSPERSONAL PSYCHOLOGY, RELAXATION, IMAGINATION, HYPNOSIS, MYTH AND RITUAL.
A summary research paper on the symptoms, causes and innovative means for treating this eating disorder. 9 pages, $1.50. (Journal of Humanistic Education and Development, 30 (2), December, 1991).
7) PHOTOS, MIRRORS AND MANDALAS.
A short article describing the practice of mandala art, how to create a mandala, and the value of symbolic art in facilitating the process of counseling and self-discovery. 3 pages, $.50. (Coastal Pathways 3(6), July, 1991).
8) THE BONE GAME: A RITUAL FOR DEVELOPING PERSONAL POWER AND GROUP (OR TRIBAL) CONSCIOUSNESS.
An ancient, complex, and inspiring Native American ritual that serves as an extraordinary weekend retreat, outlined in great detail. 12 pages, $1.50. (Journal of Experiential Education, 13 (1), Spring, 1990).
9) TRANSPERSONAL PSYCHOLOGY: FACILITATING THE PROCESS OF TRANSFORMATION IN OUTDOOR EXPERIENTIAL EDUCATION.
A description of how to enhance the transformative dimension of backpacking, hiking, camping and other experiences in the great outdoors. 10 pages. $1.50. (Journal of Experiential Education, 12 (3), Fall, 1989).
10) QUANTUM LEAP: A PSYCHOLOGY OF TRANSFORMATION.
Relates the work of counseling, personal growth and psychological transformation to the emerging science of quantum mechanics, the physics of light, and the dynamics of subatomic particles. 9 pages, $1.50. (Presented at a conference of The Capitol Area Network for Organizational Excellence [CANOE], Washington, D.C., November, 1989).
11) WILDERNESS VISION QUEST.
A short description of an outdoor retreat the author has been conducting throughout North America since 1975. It features a description of an exercise, called "Fascinations", for connecting to teachers and allies in the world of nature. 5 pages, $1.00. (Journal of Interpretation, 13 (3,) Spring, 1989, pp 8-12).
12) WILDERNESS VISION QUEST: A JOURNEY OF TRANSFORMATION.
An in-depth description of this outdoor retreat including information about how to conduct such a quest for one's self. 11 pages, $1.50
13) HOW WILDERNESS EXPERIENCE PROGRAMS FACILITATE PERSONAL GROWTH: THE HENDEE/BROWN MODEL.
A carefully researched paper which offers both a scientific and theoretical model for how outdoor experiences facilitate growth and transformation in participants. 18 pages, $2.50. (Renewable Resources Journal, 6 (2), Spring, 1988).
14) THERAPISTS MUST BE MORE THAN GUIDES.
A response to Rollo May about his view of the role of the psychotherapist and discussion of the value and limits of taking a strictly rational approach to counseling and psychotherapy. 8 pages, $1.00. (Perspective. The national newsletter of the Association for Humanistic Psychology, May, 1987).
15) TRANSPERSONAL PSYCHOLOGY: EXPLORING THE FRONTIERS IN HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT.
Discusses the benefits, dangers, and techniques for achieving expanded and altered states of consciousness. 6 pages, $1.00 (Pathways, Washington, D.C., 1986).
16) ORGANIZATION TRANSFORMATION.
The case history of the application of Psychosynthesis in a team building and strategic planning retreat with an environmental organization. 22 pages, $2.50. (Organizational Transformation, Amir Levy, Ed, Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 1986).
17) SHORTCUTS TO EXCELLENCE: TECHNIQUES TO INCREASE PERSONAL PRODUCTIVITY, JOB SATISFACTION AND ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS.
A case study of an 80 hour team building contract with the D.C. Government in 1984. 9 pages, $1.50
18) THE SEARCH FOR NATIVE INTELLIGENCE.
The recounting of a night-long drumming and chanting Peyote Circle ceremony with a Mexican Indian Shaman and reflections on the value of experiencing such altered states of consciousness, 1984. 5 pages, $.75. (Shaman: The Wounded Healer, Halifax, 1982, P. 71).
19) PRANAYAMA: TOOL OF TRANSFORMATION.
A discussion of the use of this powerful breathing technique – also called Holotrophic Breathwork – for facilitating personal growth and transformations of consciousness. 7 pages, $1.00. (Transcribed from a talk given at the Montreal Center for the Healing Arts, 1980).
20) THE SEARCH FOR MEANING.
Provides a rationale for why we must take the time to explore our patterns and unconscious processes at mid-life, and why counseling can be so helpful. 8 pages, $1.25. (Written as part of a Master's thesis in Humanistic Psychology at Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA, 1978).
21) IMAGE AND SYMBOL.
An elaboration of the use of many techniques of visualization and mental imagery and a discussion of how the symbolic process is the language of the unconscious mind. 15 pages, $2.00. (Written as part of a Master's thesis in Humanistic Psychology at Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA, 1978).
22) DEATH, REBIRTH, AND TRANSFORMATION: THE STORY OF RISING EAGLE AND THE WILDERNESS VISION QUEST.
A comprehensive book recounting of some of the most powerful transformative experiences in Michael's life, including: four years in Catholic Seminary; a hitch-hiking trip across North America in 1969; training in LSD psychotherapy and in altered states of consciousness; and ritual experiences with native people in back-country settings. Also 22 stories and dozens of poems from people who have participated in the Wilderness Vision Quest retreat with him. 206 pages, $19.45 + $2.50 postage = $21.95. (Written as part of an Ed.S. degree in Professional Counseling at the College of William and Mary in Virginia, Spring, 1990).
23) FROM CATERPILLAR TO BUTTERFLY: TECHNIQUES FOR TRANSFORMING CONSCIOUSNESS AND THEIR APPLICATION IN EVERYDAY LIFE.
A compendium of articles mentioned above, in this order: # 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21. 165 pages. $19.45 + $2.50 postage = $21.95